Monday, August 10, 2015

Welcome!

Welcome to my final project for CTL1799! 



As I pondered the idea of Holistic Education and my teaching practice I realized that not only is this approach instrumental in the well being of my students in my classroom but as a relatively new teacher a holistic approach to my education is imperative. I looked for resources online - as we are immersed in a digital age - and found one that not only will better a classroom but will address the needs of both new and veteran teachers alike. 

The website I will be exploring in depth throughout these blog posts is 

The content on this website was developed through OISE and follows a simple mandate of providing content for teachers to better their literacy instruction in their classroom through research based strategies. These strategies are defined, illustrated and posted on the website through a variety of technology tools: videos, images, text and tours. The website is broken down into the following categories: 


  • Food Groups
  • Recipe Finder
  • Virtual Tours
  • How to Videos


I will dive deeper into these categories and show case some great examples in individual blog posts and how they relate to holistic education. Thank you for joining me on this journey! 



No comments:

Post a Comment